http://myopicsquid.blogspot.ca/p/foxyform-functiond-t-var-g-d.html

Monday, June 2, 2014


May oh May, where have you gone? I think I say this every month, but it felt like the last four weeks flew by and I'm still stuck trying to wrap my head around the concept that another month of my life has passed me by and left me running to catch up. I was wicked sick for the entire last week of May, I'm talking can't get out of bed to use the bathroom less than twenty feet away kind of sick. I'll spare you the details.

The one absolutely amazing thing that happened to me in the last month is that I've gotten my hunger for life back. Lately (and by "lately" I mean "for months") I've been feeling incredibly uninspired, rundown, and fairly pathetic. There was a bout of feeling sorry for myself that I'm not proud of. There were many anxious moments, long nights of worry, and many, many moments of self-doubt. I can't quite explain why it's suddenly over, or what it was in particular that clicked in to place inside my brain, but I want to do stuff.
I want to create, and sing, and dance in the yard under the stars. Maybe sleep there too, if I don't get eaten alive in the process. I want to explore again. I've stopped dreading the weight of my camera in my hands. I think my slump has been reflected here on the blog, in that I tend to overcompensate when I'm feeling drained. But it isn't, nor does it feel, authentic when I write in that state of mind, and I don't want to pretend everything is always sunshine and roses. So I won't. Scout's honour.

The good news is that I'm ready to take on the world head first. I've got people to see, and things to do again. There are several projects I'm planning on starting that I'm terribly excited for, and I can't wait for the next month here on the blog because, get this, I've gotten organized. I've already completed one of my June goals and made a blog calendar, and I'm going to do my damnedest to stay on track. Plus, I learned to spell "damnedest," just now in fact. I can already tell the next month is going to be a good one. With that said, here's a look back at a (slightly sparse) May.

In May I:
celebrated my first blogiversary
found some new favourite things
wore a pretty dress
appreciated the little things
found something to save for
made a list of short-term goals
The gears are already turning in preparation for the 52 week project I'm starting, and I'm really thankful to be out of the rut I was in. I know the road I'm going down is going to be messy, exhausting, and sometimes winding it's way uphill, but I have a feeling it'll all be worth it. Here's to a new outlook, a new lease on life, putting out good energy, and the month ahead! xo



facebookTumblrinstagramGoogle+ShopPinterest

currently listening to: Little Hell by City and Colour

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear your feeling inspired with life. Can't wait to see what you get up to next. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you doll (: Thanks for sticking around!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...